Sport
  • Login
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Worklife
  • Travel
  • Reel
  • Future
  • Culture
  • More
    • Music
Saturday, May 23, 2026
No Result
View All Result

SPORT

7 °c
London
8 ° Thu
11 ° Fri
13 ° Sat
14 ° Sun
  • Home
  • Football
  • Formula1
  • Cricket
  • Rugby U
  • Tennis
  • Video
  • Golf
  • Boxing
  • Basketball
  • Cycling
  • World Sport
    • All
    • African Football
    • European Football
    • Sport Africa

    Owen Oseni: Nigeria call-up stuns Plymouth Argyle striker

    Real Madrid coach Alvaro Arbeloa confirms departure at end of season

    World Cup 2026: Every nation's squad as they are announced

    Aston Villa: Morgan Rogers named Europa League Player of the Season

    More than the Score – Jada Tati: From World Skate Games to a Miss Namibia semi-finalist

    Aston Villa win Europa League: Emi Martinez plays despite breaking finger

    Afcon 2027 qualifying draw: Ghana to face Ivory Coast, Nigeria get Tanzania

    Bournemouth 1-1 Manchester City: Cherries secure Europe but Champions League is still on

    World Cup 2026: DR Congo name West Ham’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Newcastle United’s Yoane Wissa in squad

All Sport
  • Home
  • Football
  • Formula1
  • Cricket
  • Rugby U
  • Tennis
  • Video
  • Golf
  • Boxing
  • Basketball
  • Cycling
  • World Sport
    • All
    • African Football
    • European Football
    • Sport Africa

    Owen Oseni: Nigeria call-up stuns Plymouth Argyle striker

    Real Madrid coach Alvaro Arbeloa confirms departure at end of season

    World Cup 2026: Every nation's squad as they are announced

    Aston Villa: Morgan Rogers named Europa League Player of the Season

    More than the Score – Jada Tati: From World Skate Games to a Miss Namibia semi-finalist

    Aston Villa win Europa League: Emi Martinez plays despite breaking finger

    Afcon 2027 qualifying draw: Ghana to face Ivory Coast, Nigeria get Tanzania

    Bournemouth 1-1 Manchester City: Cherries secure Europe but Champions League is still on

    World Cup 2026: DR Congo name West Ham’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Newcastle United’s Yoane Wissa in squad

No Result
View All Result

SPORT

No Result
View All Result
Home Formula1

George Russell: Mercedes driver says F1 swearing controversy ‘a bit suspect’

May 15, 2025
in Formula1
3 min read
218 6
0
477
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Ferrari driver Lewis Hamilton added that the situation was “ridiculous”.

The seven-time champion said: “It seems a bit of a mess there at the moment. There’s lots of changes that are needed, for sure.”

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen – who last year was the first driver to be punished for swearing, with a form of community service – said the change was “a bit better – it’s a start”.

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem said when the change of rules was announced on Wednesday that he had “led an extensive and collaborative review with contributions from across the seven FIA World Championships”.

However, speaking during media day at the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix, Russell said: “We’ve still had no correspondence with anyone from the senior level at the FIA. So yeah, it’s all a bit suspect.”

Russell did not expand on his meaning, but it is likely that he was referring to the series of controversies that have surrounded Ben Sulayem in his three years as president, including his desire to change the statutes of the governing body to further extend his control, as BBC Sport revealed this week.

Asked why the drivers had not had dialogue with Ben Sulayem, Russell said: “That’s a good question. It seems more challenging than it should be really, but we’ve all put our views forward.

“I wouldn’t say it’s gotten to a point of no return, but you at least want to see willingness from the other party.

“I think we feel we’ve put our views forward and we want to have conversations and dialogue and there’s only so much you can ask.”

World championship leader Oscar Piastri of McLaren said: “The fact there has been changes made is good. The stewards have a lot more control now, in the fine print, which is good because the circumstances definitely need to be taken into account.

“It’s a good step forward. One of the big things for the FIA was putting something for abusing officials which I think is very fair and reasonable.

“I think maybe some of the other areas got caught up in that and it felt a bit harsh. But there are some genuine reasons for what they are doing.”

Russell also backed the potential bid of rally legend Carlos Sainz Sr in this December’s FIA presidential election.

Sainz is the father of Williams driver Carlos Sainz Jr.

“It could only benefit the sport having Carlos with the inside knowledge of Formula 1 from a driver’s perspective and then Carlos Sr’s knowledge from motorsport generally. It could be a brilliant recipe,” he said.

Russell dismissed the idea there could be a conflict of interest because of Sainz’s son, who is also a GPDA director.

He said: “You’re so far sort of removed ultimately from a technical standpoint. It’s down to the technical people within the FIA to be the rule makers.

“The president in years gone by has probably been far less involved than what we’ve seen recently and far less visible.

“We always knew who the president of the FIA was, especially with Jean Todt, but you’re working in the background, you’re not working in the forefront. So I don’t see there ever being a conflict.”



Source link

Previous Post

Ruben Selles: Hull City boss departs after six months in charge

Next Post

Steven Fletcher: Striker to leave Wrexham ‘not by choice’

Next Post

Steven Fletcher: Striker to leave Wrexham 'not by choice'

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Mauritius appoint Algerian coach Boualem Mankour

    477 shares
    Share 191 Tweet 119
  • Tour de France quiz: Which countries have Tour winners come from?

    477 shares
    Share 191 Tweet 119
  • Hearts ‘should be third’, says chief executive McKinlay after Neilson exit

    477 shares
    Share 191 Tweet 119
  • Chelsea transfer news: Benoit Badiashile signs for Blues from Monaco for £35m

    477 shares
    Share 191 Tweet 119
  • Giro d’Italia: Remco Evenepoel withdraws from race lead because of Covid-19

    477 shares
    Share 191 Tweet 119
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

F1 bosses agree to a change of engine design for 2027 season

May 9, 2026

Antoine Semenyo: Bournemouth winger extends contract to 2030

July 1, 2025

Colton Herta: Red Bull working to secure licence for IndyCar star at Alpha Tauri next season

September 5, 2022

Lawrence Okolie to challenge Lukasz Rozanski for WBC bridgerweight title

March 22, 2024

Owen Oseni: Nigeria call-up stuns Plymouth Argyle striker

May 23, 2026

Giro d’Italia 2026: Bettiol wins stage as Eulalio retains pink

May 23, 2026

Commonwealth Games 2026: Katie Shanahan keen to emulate idol Hannah Miley

May 23, 2026

Andy Roberton, Sir Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool’s Scottish bond

May 23, 2026

Categories

  • African Football
  • American Football
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Cycling
  • European Football
  • Football
  • Formula1
  • Golf
  • Rugby U
  • Sport Africa
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
  • Top News
  • Video
  • World Sport
Sport

© 2020 JBC - JOOJ Clone ScriptsJOOJ.us.

Explore the JBC

  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Worklife
  • Travel
  • Reel
  • Future
  • Culture
  • More

Follow Us

  • American Football
  • Athletics
  • Basketball
  • Boxing
  • Cricket
  • Cycling
  • Football
  • Formula1
  • Golf
  • Rugby U
  • Tennis
  • Top News
  • Video
  • World Sport
  • Swimming
  • Login

© 2020 JBC - JOOJ Clone ScriptsJOOJ.us.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Sport
More Sites

    MORE

  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Worklife
  • Travel
  • Reel
  • Future
  • Culture
  • More
    • Music
  • Sport

    JBC Sport